Emily’s Turn At The ORIGINAL Throwback Survey, Myspace Style…
Click the button to see other blogger’s surveys!
The ORIGINAL Throwback Survey!
What is your Name? Emily
What is the Name of your blog? Raising Sticky Hands To Heaven
What is your blog’s web address? http://raisingstickyhands.com
1. What state do you currently reside? Western Kentucky
2. What color is your natural hair? Blondish
3. How tall are you? 5’3 1/2″
4. What is your favorite food? Potatoes (well, I just call them taters)/Spaghetti/Pork chop/oh the list goes on!
5. What color shirt are you wearing right now? White and Pink
6. What are three cosmetic items that you wear every single day? Chapstick, ponytail holder or scrunchie (yes ma’am, I still use them!), deodorant
7. What is your denomination? Pentecostal
8. Describe your testimony? Blessed to have been raised in church and blessed to have several people in my life to encourage me and push me to be all that God has called me to be!
9. How did you meet your husband? Church. His dad is my Pastor. I never dreamed I’d be so blessed as to have Markus for my husband!
10. What is your favorite beverage? Here we go again! Sweet tea/koolaid/Sundrop
11. How many kids do you have? 2 beautiful girls. They are my life!
12. Have you ever experienced an earthquake? There have been several in our area (we live on the New Madrid Fault Zone!), but there’s only one I remember feeling. I was pregnant with my first daughter, asleep in the bed when my entire bedroom shook! Didn’t last much more beyond that, but I definitely noticed! lol!
13. What is your favorite TV show? Here we go again! LOL I’m really into just about any and all crime shows/Dance Moms (*cringe* I know, I know!)/Bunheads/Gaither Homecoming Shows/Duck Dynasty
14. What was the last movie you saw? Oh geez….I think it was half of Mary Poppins with the girls
15. Who is your favorite Bible character? Yikes!!! Ask my husband or sister, they’ll definitely back up the fact that I’m very indecisive (as if you couldn’t tell by previous questions)! Ruth, Rahab, Hannah, David, ahh! Again the list goes on!
16. What color are your eyes? Green
17. Are you a working mother, stay at home wife, or stay at home mom? Stay at home mom
18. Do you homeschool? Yes. Well, technically no. But when my kids are at home, I’m teaching! lol
19. Did/do you attend University? If so, where. No. It’s a possibility maybe in the future ?? :/ Remember, I’m indecisive!
20. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be? I would never complain. :/
21. Who is your favorite Christian singer or band? Jesus Culture/Bethel Worship/Gaither Music/The Crabb Family/Jeremiah Yocom/looooots more 😉
22. What is your absolute favorite color? Purple and Yellow (I’m sorry I can never stick to just one answer!!)
23. Think about something from the ocean and write it down: (yes, random…I know) Waves
24. Where is your favorite place to dine out? Texas Roadhouse/Crackle Barrel/Fazoli’s
25. Did you attend church camp? Yes and boy do I miss those days! lol!
26. Name a blog friend who’s name starts with the same letter as your name: Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler (Okay, so technically we aren’t friends, but I follow her blog!) 🙂
27. Do you have a Facebook Account for your blog? Yes.
28. Do you have a Twitter Account for your blog? Yes. @RaiseStckyHands
29. Name someone you miss right now: My boyfriend…aka….my husband!
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? Anytime that involved hearing my mom/family sing and probably those times at church camp.
31. Name one thing you can cook better than your husband’s mother: (if you’re not married, then your own mother.) Cheesy Potato Soup (I don’t technically cook it better than her, I just prefer my version since I’m used to it. She is an awesome cook!)
32. Would you consider yourself stubborn? At times, definitely.
33. Do you feel like you are a good writer? I feel like I want to be a good writer but I have a lot of work to do!
34. Do you pin? If so, list your Pinterest screen name. Yes! Emily McClure http://pinterest.com/emcclure/
35. How many hours do you spend on Pinterest per day? Not as many as I’d like, but that’s probably a good thing. lol
36. Do you use WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, or Typepad? (or another?) I’m gonna assume this is a question more suited for Angie :/
37. Where do you stand on wearing socks with sandals? Oh man. I’m for seriously cringing here. It pains me to even conjure up an image!
38. Did you design your own blog, or hire a graphic designer? Angie does it all and she does awesome!!!
39. What is your favorite widget/gadget? Huh? Yep. I’m that computer illiterate. This is another question for Angie, I’m sure. 😉
40. If you had to choose only one, would you have a clean bathroom or a clean kitchen? Oh, definitely kitchen!! In fact, a lot of times I do have to choose and you can tell! (The joys of having children! lol)
41. Where did you honeymoon? Nashville, TN. Along with half of the wedding party. Yep. 🙁 Who wants to sponsor a better honeymoon for us?! Any takers?? 😀 I did enjoy it, though it was more like a mini-vacation with friends than a honeymoon.
42. Did you elope? Nope. What did one fruit say to the other? Let’s get married since we cantaloupe. Hehee
43. Do you have a favorite sports team? Kentucky Wildcats
44. What is your favorite praise & worship song? This definitely can’t even be narrowed down to a few! However, at the moment, I do love “One Thirst” by Bethel Worship (among MANY MANY others!)
45. Were you raised in church? Yes and for that I am so thankful!
46. When did you start blogging? When I was approached by Angie about Sticky Hands and I loved the idea. So glad I am now a blogger!
47. What are your favorite blogs? Blissful Wife, Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling, Time-Warp Wife, Women Living Well, Confessions of a Homeschooler and my very most favoritest…drum roll, please…RAISING STICKY HANDS! I absolutely love reading what my co-bloggers write!
48. Have you ever lived in another country? Yes. Twice, but only for 9 days at a time. 😉
49. Have you done missions? If so, where & when. Yes. I’ve been on 2 mission trips to Mexico City through Operation Serve International (which is how I’ve lived in another country) and I’m involved in so much more. Our church is VERY mission oriented. We have sent teams to Mexico City, South Africa and Ghana, West Africa, but we are constantly doing missions in our own and surrounding communities.
50. What version of the Bible do you prefer? NKJV.
51. What’s the story behind your blog name? Sharing Angie’s answer: I had felt God tugging at my heart to begin blogging again. I had no idea for a name though. I had already contacted Karen about joining me, and I may have asked Emily. I was praying for just the right name for a few weeks. One day I was at home with all 5 of my kids when one asked, “Mom, why do you wash your hands all the time?” I didn’t think much of it… But a few hours later I laughed & said, “Oh my word! My hands are always sticky from you kids!” And it hit me. Just like that. In the moments my hands are sticky, the kids are crying, dinner is ruined, my house is in shambles, and someone is needing a hug… I just have to stop what I’m doing, raise my sticky hands towards Heaven, and praise Him. And there you have it folks, the reason behind our crazy name.
52. Describe the ultimate hands down best date on a $20 budget.
$20 spent entirely on food cause I love food, followed by playing at the park or fishing. I’ll even settle for sidewalk chalking. Or my mushier version- same for $20, followed by a foot/back massage cause that would be awesome (for me anyway, not for Markus cause he’d have to give it lol )
53. Will you tell one blogger about this survey? If so, then who? (optional: include their web address) Yes
54. What is your favorite scripture? Okay, why do you keep doing this to me??? You know I can’t pick just one! I have MANY and they change a lot, but currently it’s Proverbs 3:5-6