Let your mouth be open for those who have no voice, in the cause of those who
are ready for death.
Proverbs 31:8 BBE
I don’t feel that I need to explain to you who ISIS is at this point. There have been 3 well covered beheadings in the news now. Many of us have seen the footage of what they have done to towns and villages and why. ISIS has the mission to demolish anyone and everyone who is Christian or does not agree with them. Their message is “convert or else.”
There are families on the other side of the world at this very minute that are torn apart. They had no choice. They fought with all they had. They begged. They cried. I’m sure they fell to the ground and wept more than we have ever even come close to. But yet they still watched while ISIS either divided them by viciously murdering parts of their family by beheading or crucifixion and then taking the women as slaves, or they were somehow able to run. Run as far as they can without anything but each other… if they were able… because some of them had to run completely alone leaving all of those that they loved behind lest they save themselves.
Now they are living in conditions that are difficult to imagine. Dirt camps, makeshift tents, uncompleted buildings, or wherever they can find to sleep. They need food, water, blankets, clothes, hygiene items, shoes… the list goes on and on.
I think many of us have become too numb. We are so comfortable. Especially those of us in the United States. Oh sure, we complain and such. No matter where we stand politically. But we have freedom of speech and religion. We still get up every morning, go about our lives, run to the grocery store for food, hug our children, and go about our lives.
[tweetthis url=”http://tinyurl.com/qebcl9t”]Alone, we are nothing, but through the blood of Jesus we are family and we will speak for you. #IAmYourVoice[/tweetthis]
It is time that we speak for those who cannot. Will you join us?
Planet Mommyhood has teamed up with Food for the Hungry and Heidi St. John to launch the #IAmYourVoice campaign. A way for us to let those who are refugees from Iraq and Syria to know that we hear them, we are praying for them, and we are sending help.
Here are some ways that you can help:
- Pray. There is no limit to the power of prayer. Pray for their hearts, souls, minds, and for their rescue. That our leaders will do what needs to be done to take care of the enemy.
- Have a family meeting and decide what your family can do. As a family, you can work together for the sake of refugee families. Visit IAmYourVoice.org & http://fh.org/refugees, watch the video posted above, more than anything pray, and maybe come up with a creative way for your family to raise money for Christians that have been persecuted. There is even an #IAmYourVoice downloadable printable pack for children at PlanetMommyhood.net.
- Give. $22 for one family for hygiene items, $65 – Ensures that three families receive essential hygiene items, including a bucket, jerry can, soap, and disinfectant, $125 – Provides one week of emergency food rations to 10 people to guard against malnutrition. No gift is too small. Donations can be made at http://fh.org/refugees
- Stand up and say #IAmYourVoice. Take a photo of yourself holding a sign with the hashtag #IAmYourVoice and post it on social media along with the link to IAmYourVoice.org. Tell your friends to text “refugees” to 90210. (With the text, you are not giving a donation, you are simply asking for more information.) Change your profile and cover photos to the photos available on IAmYourVoice.org. Share the video on your Facebook page, Tweet it, Instagram it, Pin it, + it. Share it everywhere you can. Ask your pastor if the video can be shared during this Sunday morning’s service. Be creative. Let these people know #IAmYourVoice. You would want someone to do it for you.
- Attend the Facebook Party on September 18th. On Thursday, there will be an #IAmYourVoice Facebook party that everyone is invited to in order to learn more about how we can help. While there will be prizes and such, we consider this to be a very serious event and would love for you to attend. Invite everyone you know, as well.
On behalf of those who have no voice, I would like to thank you for participating in any way you can to let them know that #IAmYourVoice. God bless.