Lately, I have been finding peace in the little things in addition to Jesus. Kind of like, stopping to smell the roses, so to speak.
As some of you may know, Diania and I are starting a business that will run out of this very website with help from our fellow bloggers to raise money for missions (including building wells in Ghana, Africa! WOO HOO!), domestic violence survivors, and inner city children’s ministries. This has been an extremely busy time in my life, and I cannot even begin to tell you how exhilarating and stressful it all is at the same time. I love doing it though!
Now that I’m probably the busiest I’ve ever been in my entire life, I’m even more grateful for all of those small things that I was grateful for before but didn’t realize just how much I neglected them or took them for granted. Little things such as the following, in no particular order…
- My family. They’re actually a big thing, but you get the drift.
- A cup of coffee, sipped on while doing nothing else but reading.
- My library card
- My library!
- Conversations with friends
- The therapy that comes from time spent at a sewing machine. Oh, how I’ve missed it.
- A smile on the face of a stranger as I walk by… without even smiling first!
- My fellow bloggers. Another big thing, but they’ve really picked up the slack for me lately!
- God’s forgiveness (Really not so little either… Maybe I should re-title this???)
- Dry shampoo (Yes, I went there…)
- The ability to read
- My Bible
- All of you that read!!! (Not a little one either… but I love you and just wanted to let you know!)
- Good music
- Date night
- Baby wipes
- Uncrustables sandwiches, for days when lunch time sneaks up on the kids and me.
- Ranch dressing
- A wonderful pediatrician
- Sales & coupons
I could go on and on and on… But I think I’m boring you by now.
Thank you, Lord, for all of these not-so-little things! And all of the big things too!
What are your little things?