Throwback Survey! Myspace Style…
Alright ladies, here’s a great way for us to get to know each other and meet other bloggers while having fun!
Remember Myspace surveys? Well, this is kinda what we’re doing here.
Priscilla at Blissful Wife Blog came to me with this idea last night and I immediately fell in love! There are so many blogs I read that I love… but I would love to find more and get to know the ladies that are blogging better.
The rules, which are posted here, can also be found on the original post.
- Submissions start Thursday, January 17, 2013 and last until Thursday, January 31, 2013. All Submissions must be submitted by midnight CST to compete for a spot as a featured blogger (details below).
- To join the linkup, you will copy & paste the following survey in a post answering each survey question.
- In addition, each blog post has to have the OFFICIAL Original Throwback Survey Linkup Button somewhere in the blog posts.
- You will use Linky Tools to linkup on Priscilla’s blog post. It is best to use your blog button, logo, or your picture as the image shown so that we know who you are!
- Tell your twitter followers about the Original Throwback Survey Linkup! #ThrowbkSurvey
- Five bloggers will be featured in a post in early February! All you have to do to qualify is to submit! (Did I mention there’s a cheezy trophy button involved? HA!)
- If you don’t have a blog, you can still participate if you enter your survey in the Disqus comments below! 🙂
For information, please visit the original blog post.
Now, for the fun:
In the world of MySpace, Glitter is necessary. Glitter sneakers? Score!
The ORIGINAL Throwback Survey!
What is your Name? Angie
What is the Name of your blog? Raising Sticky Hands To Heaven
What is your blog’s web address? http://raisingstickyhands.com
1. What state do you currently reside? California
2. What color is your natural hair? Blonde. Isn’t it obvious? LOL I’m too ditzy…
3. How tall are you? 5’4″
4. What is your favorite food? Enchiladas
5. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Purple
6. What are three cosmetic items that you wear every single day? Scentsy Hand Cream, Face Wash, & a pony tail holder. I’m in a rut. A bad one. Blech. Trying to get out of it.
7. What is your denomination? Pentecostal
8. Describe your testimony? Good girl, the pastor’s granddaughter, grew up and slipped away. Party girl turned agnostic, but eventually the Prodigal Daughter came home. PRAISE THE LORD!
9. How did you meet your husband? Myspace, ironically. I saw his profile and thought he was really cute, so I sent him a message. Took a lot of guts.
10. What is your favorite beverage? Sweet tea, though I can’t drink it too much. :/
11. How many kids do you have? 5 here on earth
12. Have you ever experienced an earthquake? I live in So Cal and am about a few miles from the San Andreas fault. Would you like me to take photos of the cracks in my walls/patio? 😉
13. What is your favorite TV show? Justified. Not just for the story/acting though. I like to make fun of how they are so far from being true Kentuckians… especially when it is filmed in Pennsylvania and Southern California. What’s up with that?
14. What was the last movie you saw? I watched Beauty and The Beast with my little girl just a little while ago.
15. Who is your favorite Bible character? Ruth
16. What color are your eyes? Blue
17. Are you a working mother, stay at home wife, or stay at home mom? Stay at home mom
18. Do you homeschool? Proudly!!!
19. Did/do you attend University? If so, where. No, but it’s on my bucket list. I have a laundry list of Jr. Colleges I’ve attended. Does that count? No? Bummer.
20. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be? I would have more confidence in my abilities.
21. Who is your favorite Christian singer or band? Keith Green
22. What is your absolute favorite color? RED!!!
23. Think about something from the ocean and write it down: (yes, random…I know) Salt
24. Where is your favorite place to dine out? A little tiny restaurant nearby named Lucy’s. Then again, Mi Cocina is really good too. Both are little Mexican restaurants that have great prices and awesome enchiladas.
25. Did you attend church camp? Yes. “SHOUT OUT TO ALL THOSE WHO WENT TO BETHEL IN THE HILLS!”
26. Name a blog friend who’s name starts with the same letter as your name: Alyson
27. Do you have a Facebook Account for your blog? Yes.
28. Do you have a Twitter Account for your blog? Yes. @RaiseStckyHands
29. Name someone you miss right now: My oldest 2 children.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? A vacation I took with my Grandma & Grandpa back to Kentucky when I was 8 years old to visit family. It was a wonderful 3 weeks!
31. Name one thing you can cook better than your husband’s mother: (if you’re not married, then your own mother.) Pork chops
32. Would you consider yourself stubborn? Ohhhhhhh yeah.
33. Do you feel like you are a good writer? LOL, no.
34. Do you pin? If so, list your Pinterest screen name. Angie Schott (Schottchick06)
35. How many hours do you spend on Pinterest per day? I’m pretty random with it. Anywhere from 0-2 hours.
36. Do you use WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, or Typepad? (or another?) WordPress REPRESENT!
37. Where do you stand on wearing socks with sandals? It’s an abomination!
38. Did you design your own blog, or hire a graphic designer? I did it… and you can tell.
39. What is your favorite widget/gadget? I don’t really have one, I guess. I keep meaning to look into some fun ones… In my spare time. Hold my laptop while I laugh…
40. If you had to choose only one, would you have a clean bathroom or a clean kitchen? Kitchen. Most definitely.
41. Where did you honeymoon? An AWESOME little cabin in Big Bear, CA. It was almost 2 years after we got married, but it was still just as wonderful as if it was the next day. Someday we want to go back.
42. Did you elope? Um, yeah. Long story short: I sent him that message on Myspace. 2 weeks later we met in person. 3 days after that we wed in Las Vegas.
43. Do you have a favorite sports team? New York Giants, Baby!
44. What is your favorite praise & worship song? My Soul Longs For You by Jesus Culture
45. Were you raised in church? Yes! Practically lived there. Well, actually at one point I did live there in a parsonage.
46. When did you start blogging? I don’t even remember. I had so many blogs off and on way back when.
47. What are your favorite blogs? Blissful Wife, Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling, Adventurez in Childrearing, Time-Warp Wife, The MOB Society, The MOD Squad, LaToya Edwards, Seams Inspired and way too many more to list! Hi, my name is Angie, and I’m a blogaholic.
48. Have you ever lived in another country? No.
49. Have you done missions? If so, where & when. Yes, inner city. I also recently visited an Indian Reservation to help hand out gifts to orphans. You can read about it here & here.
50. What version of the Bible do you prefer? NKJV, however, when I’m studying I use KJV, NKJV, Amplified, & NIV… and sometimes others.
51. What’s the story behind your blog name? I had felt God tugging at my heart to begin blogging again. I had no idea for a name though. I had already contacted Karen about joining me, and I may have asked Emily. I was praying for just the right name for a few weeks. One day I was at home with all 5 of my kids when one asked, “Mom, why do you wash your hands all the time?” I didn’t think much of it… But a few hours later I laughed & said, “Oh my word! My hands are always sticky from you kids!” And it hit me. Just like that. In the moments my hands are sticky, the kids are crying, dinner is ruined, my house is in shambles, and someone is needing a hug… I just have to stop what I’m doing, raise my sticky hands towards Heaven, and praise Him. And there you have it folks, the reason behind our crazy name.
52. Describe the ultimate hands down best date on a $20 budget. Snacks, Velata, music, a blanket on the living room floor,
candles Scentsy warmers on, and a TON of conversation.
53. Will you tell one blogger about this survey? If so, then who? (optional: include their web address) Yes
54. What is your favorite scripture? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
Want to see more surveys, meet new bloggers, and/or link up? Click on that awesome “old skool Myspace” sparkly graphic below!