This post contains some affiliate links. By clicking on them, and then purchasing a product, Raising Sticky Hands To Heaven receives a small portion of the profit. These funds go to maintaining & running our website. Thank you for using them!
I don’t know about those of you that homeschool, but for me this is a crazy time of year. I scramble around trying to figure out what I’m going to do this next year and how to make it all flow smoothly. One great tool that helps me pull it all together is a planner.
The Old Schoolhouse Magazine & SchoolhouseTeachers.com (An amazing homeschool resource website owned by The Old Schoolhouse Magazine) has been gracious to offer 1 “Big Mama” planner and 1 student planner to one of our readers!
These thorough planners are PDF editable format and can be printed out as many times as needed. All planners are available for purchase individually on SchoolhouseTeachers.com, however if you are a member, you can enjoy them for free! The cost of membership is $3 for the first month, and $12.95 every month after that. Another option would be to join for a year at the rate of $139 and receive some extra goodies.
The “Big Mama” Schoolhouse Planner ($39) would be the planner for the teacher in your home. However, it is not only for homeschooling. It also contains forms for your home management binder to help run your household. The 2013-2014 Schoolhouse Planner, according to the SchoolhouseTeachers.com website (Though owning the planner myself, I can verify), contains the following:
- Helpful articles written by homeschooling experts like Kim Kautzer, Dr. Mary Hood, and Cindy Wiggers, as well as homeschooling parents just like you.
- Interactive calendars, planning pages, field trip logs, and transcripts.
- Must-have lists, including books of the Bible, grammar and spelling rules, a periodic table of the elements, U.S. Presidents and more!
- Helpful household forms such as chore charts, grocery lists, and meal-planning charts.
There are 4 other planners available for students. They are as follows:
The Special Learner’s Schoolhouse Planner ($29) is a great option for those who have children with special needs. I plan on using this planner, along with the “Big Mama” planner, this year as I have a child with moderate-severe autism among other things. Features of this planner are:
- Helpful articles written by special needs experts like Carol Barnier, Cynthia Ulrich Tobias, and Melinda Boring, as well as homeschooling mothers of special learners.
- Interactive calendars, planning pages, and household organization charts.
- Homeschool Individualized IEP, medical and therapy forms, and weekly food and behavior diaries.
- Task analysis cards to help teach life skills.
- And much more!
The Primary Schoolhouse Planner ($9.95) is another planner I’m excited to be using this school year. My son desperately needs to learn organization and how to keep track of things. It includes:
- Engaging articles written just for primary students.
- Information lists such as Caldecott and Newbery award winners, grammar rules, story starters, math tables, and animal classification chart.
- Calendars, planning pages, field trip report sheets, book and video logs, chore charts and a Bible reading schedule.
- Recipes for delicious dishes they can make themselves.
The Intermediate Schoolhouse Planner ($19) is a great tool for your 5th – 8th graders to learn more responsibility and keep organized. It comes packed with:
- Interesting articles written just for them.
- Planning sheets and calendars
- Forms for writing goals, course objectives, and book reports.
- A kid’s financial record, Bible reading schedules, and an address book.
Finally, The High School Schoolhouse Planner is a resource that can help prepare your teen for adulthood. Inside, you will find:
- Encouraging articles for him written by homeschool graduates, as well as expertly written articles to help with study skills, college planning, and creating a high school course.
- Calendar and planning pages, record-keeping forms, transcripts, and forms for goal planning and objectives.
- A guide for planning a high school course of study.
- A college checklist, forms for tracking scholarship information, and for exploring career ideas.
- Logs for tracking community service, discipleship, bible memorization, and independent study.
So what are you waiting for? Enter in the Rafflecopter below! Again, one winner will receive 1 Big Mama planner and their choice of 1 student planner. This giveaway will be ending on Saturday, July 13th, so don’t delay!