This is a recipe my Grandma was always asked to to take to potlucks, celebrations, and Christmas dinners. It is delicious! We often eat it for dinner through out the year, but ALWAYS have it on our Christmas table.
Grandma’s Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
(She got the recipe from her sister Darlene…)
- 1 pkg frozen broccoli; chopped, cooked, & drained.
- 1 cup minute rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom (I use chicken. I believe Grandma did also.)
- 1/2 cup cheez whiz or velveeta (I use velveeta, so did Grandma.)
- Onions to taste (If Bobby, my husband, is around, this usually means A LOT of onion. Do what you like.)
Mix all ingredients together. Place in casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
I usually double this recipe, which requires closer to 40-45 minutes.